Category Archives: Campos Coffee
22 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide, SA, 5000
This is one of those fortunate occurrences, that some would call luck, some would call an answer to prayer – while others, to quote Sheldon “who are unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would think this to be a coincidence.” But on my most recent trip to the city for a day of coffee and reading (also in preparation for my next 21st birthday) I decided that I wanted to check out The Espresso Room, Coffee Branch and if time allowed – another place. Well as time and weather would have it, I made it to The Espresso Room, had to rush past Coffee Branch on my way to NOT BE LATE for lunch with my mother, and then after a quick search on The Beanhunter discovered this gem across the square from my Mother’s office. On a side note, I had tweeted Campos Coffee a few weeks back trying to find out if anyone in Adelaide served their beans…and now I discover this place, who since their grand opening in early October, have become the ONLY place in Adelaide for Campos.
Nestled in a nice part of the city, you’ll find A’Vila coffee – named such, because the of the Spanish inspired colour scheme that was already in place when the current owner decided to turn it into a coffee place (the staff tell me it has been toned down a bit…). In what I like to call the ‘old Academy Cinema City’ part of Hindmarsh Square, A’Vila is pretty much adjacent to the new Crown Plaza hotel, with a nice view of the recently re-grassed landscaping of the square. If you squint, you can also see the guy (there was only one the day I was there) who is the Occupy Adelaide protest….
With the possibility of outdoor seating, this place was a quiet spot for a coffee and a chance to recoup before the drive home. So, to the coffee review… Read the rest of this entry
- Paddy’s Lantern - Adelaide, SA: This place launched not long after I signed up to Twitter – and there was some hullaballo when it opened – and on my first try, I was not disappointed. Hard to find with crap parking – but a great comfortable interior, serving 5 Senses coffee from a sexy Synesso machine – and awesome light lunches.
- The Pantry on Egmont - Hawthorn, SA: In this little out of the way cafe in the leafy greenness that is Hawthorn, lurks Stef and the team – with a great love of coffee, serving the excellent locally roasted Dr Groot – this place is just wonderful. Russell does a great breakfast too!
- The Two Bees Café - Victor Harbor, SA: Whenever I get the opportunity or have the need to travel the 22kms down the coast to Victor, this is the place where I MUST stop and grab a latte. Serving fantastic Zentveld’s from Byron Bay, The Two Bees has super friendly staff, great food and in good weather a great view down towards the Island.
- Coffee By The Beans - Lockleys, SA: Another one of these great places in strange locations – this is a must stop if you are going too or coming from the airport. Roasting their own beans off site, Vincent, Daniel and Richard are serious about coffee and are serious about you liking their product. The only draw back in the location and the fact that they don’t do online shopping….
- A’Vila Coffee - Adelaide, SA: The nearly not yet review place serves the legendary Campos Coffee – so this MUST make the top 5. Located near the old Academy Cinema City in Hindmarsh Square, these guys love their coffee – and so did I.